Aligning curriculum, instruction, educator professional development, and support services across schools and grades within a district is critical to any effort to prepare students to address the challenges in their community. We can support your efforts to align your District.
This process launches with a one day planning session for District leaders, curriculum team members and select educators. This event will include:
- Overview of Empowered STEM Education and identify the needs of team members.
- Develop a multi-year plan to align curriculum, educator professional development, and classroom instruction to support Empowered STEM Education in your District.
- Identify “anchor points” where Empowered STEM can fill existing curricular and programmatic needs in your school district.
- Develop plans to work with non-academic elements (facilities, nutrition, community partners) to support students projects, and serve as resources for students as they are developing project ideas, communicating with stakeholders, and preparing public presentations.
- Deepen curricular connections by engaging members of each science educator’s cross curricular team.
- Onsite visits to help district and school leaders
- Online materials available for access at any time
- Webinars to engage with other districts leaders from across the country and learn from others
- Direct access to educators and school leaders who have successfully implemented the process, as well as experts (ex: stormwater management) who can help answer specific content questions.