Changing educator practice requires support within buildings for educators as they test new strategies and alter their approach. Based on our work with schools across the country we offer a simple approach to building the capacity of your school to support Empowered STEM.
We launch with a full day planning workshop that:
- Engaging a cross-section of the school audience (administrators, department heads, facilities staff, educators, and students)
- Demonstrating what high quality Empowered STEM is, how it will impact classroom activities, and how staff outside of the classroom can support educators and students.
- Identifying “anchor points” where Empowered STEM fills curricular needs, complements existing school-wide or department initiatives, and/or fills gaps in school-wide efforts.
- Begin planning the logistics of implementing Empowered STEM
- Support in integrating Empowered STEM with other school-wide initiatives and goals.
- Support in scanning local community to understand issues affecting residents and business and identifying ways to bring them into the classroom.